- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Through an arched entryway and down some steps off the main drag through East Jerusalem, you'll find the Ottoman-style domed dining rooms of Philadelphia. (The name comes from the Greek word for Petra in Jordan.) The traditional fare includes such local favorites as St. Peter's fish or red snapper, as well as stuffed vegetables. Good choices include the chicken fried with onions in a beet and lemon sauce, or the stuffed neck of lamb. In business for more than a quarter century, it's a comfortable place to kick back.
- Address: 9 A-Zahra St., Salah A-Din, Jerusalem, 9720952
- Phone: 02/532–2626
- Location: Old City
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
How's the water and swimming in the Medi during late April along the beaches of Tel Aviv? Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more