- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- contemporary design
- central location
- good service
- notable dining (especially breakfast)
- some may not like the glass-walled bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Mamilla Hotel Review
With clever and soaring architectural flourishes by Moshe Safdie and a restrained yet luxurious interior design by Piero Lissoni, the Mamilla is a sleek and comfortable haven with bars and restaurants that appeal to locals and travelers alike. All rooms include wood floors, black metal headboards, and richly textured drapes, while the übercontemporary bathrooms boast deep rectangular soaking tubs and clear walls that can frost over for privacy. The dining establishments—the Winery, the Mirror Bar, Mamilla Rooftop, and the Mamilla Café—offers stylish surroundings, as well as appealing menus. Be sure to try a "wine flight" with the head sommelier. Take a dip in the underused underground pool, tiled in navy blue mosaics. Don't skip the in-house breakfast, as Mamilla takes the Israeli morning repast of eggs, cheeses, and salads to a whole new level.
- Address: 11 King Solomon St., Mamilla, Jerusalem, 94182
- Phone: 02/548–2222
- Website: www.mamillahotel.com
- Location: Rehavia, Talbieh, King David Street, and Yemin Moshe
- 194 rooms, 33 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more