- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This hot spot is named for the way Israelis pronounce the name of Machaneh Yehuda. On the edge of its namesake market, this restaurant is considered one of the best in Jerusalem, possibly the country. With ample seating at the busy kitchen bar and at the rustic tables scattered throughout the two-level dining room, there's plenty of opportunity to watch the efficiently exuberant chefs slice, dice, and sauté your meal. The menu—composed of fresh, seasonal ingredients—changes daily, but nearly always includes chamshuka, a fusion of chopped meat and hummus; a dreamily creamy polenta topped with crisp asparagus, mushroom ragout, and shaved Parmesan; and a flavorful bouillabaisse. Reserve at least two weeks in advance.
- Address: 10 Beit Yaakov St., Machaneh Yehuda, Jerusalem, 94323
- Phone: 02/533–3442
- Location: Center City
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Fri. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new ... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more