- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just inside the Jaffa Gate (up the first street on the left), Nafoura offers a tranquil courtyard for alfresco lunchtime dining. Your table might lean against the Old City's 16th-century wall. The pleasant if unremarkable interior is a comfortable refuge in inclement weather. Start with the traditional array of salads, enough for two people to share. Focus on the excellent local dishes (hummus, baba ganouch, tahini, and so on) and skip the mushrooms and corn. Ask for the kibbeh, delicacies of cracked wheat and ground beef, or the lahmajun, the meat-topped "Armenian pizza." From the typical selection of entrées, try the lamb cutlets or the sea bream. The NIS 50 buffet is an excellent value.
- Address: 18 Latin Patriarchate Rd., Christian Quarter, Jerusalem, 91141
- Phone: 02/626–0034
- Location: Old City
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We thinking about taking a trip to Jordan. We have booked flight to Aqaba. And our plan is to see Wadi Rum and Petra (we have booked a tour with a Bedouin in Wadi Rum). Then we're heading up to the Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more