- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Despite being known as one of the city's best restaurants, Chakra still pretends to anonymity: its name is nowhere in sight. It draws a lively thirtysomething crowd of hip Jerusalemites that appreciate the sophisticated decor and tasty fare from the open kitchen. Tables are arranged around the striking semicircular bar. The patio, perfect for fine-weather dining, enjoys a park view. Daily specials enhance the expansive menu, and some good starters include beef or red-tuna carpaccio, grilled eggplant with pine nuts or shrimp with sea salt; ask for bread and baba ghanoush dip. Try the lamb osso buco or the gray mullet, which comes grilled to perfection on a slice of black slate. Share a dessert of ice cream in a tahini-and-date sauce.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more