- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the classic limestone Confederation House—with stone arches, flagstones, and tantalizing views (from the couple of window tables) of the Old City walls—Te'enim finds a delicate balance between traditional and innovative in its vegetarian fare. Great choices include the spinach salad with ricotta or the endive salad with grilled goat cheese and roasted almonds. Standard main dishes include a mushroom, polenta, olive, garlic, and red wine bake; and the successful Maharajah majadra, with bulgur, onion, ginger chutney, and yogurt. Daily specials at Te'enim ("figs" in Hebrew) include such unusual offerings as Mexican chili. The homemade sorbets and unusually flavored ice creams are excellent, but try the surprising mini eggplant in date honey and almonds.
- Address: 12 Emile Botta St., Yemin Moshe, Jerusalem, 94109 | Map It
- Phone: 02/625-1967
- Website: www.teenim.rest-e.co.il
- Location: Rehavia, Talbieh, King David Street, and Yemin Moshe
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Fri. Closed Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Tel Aviv From 627 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- May deal: Dizengoff Sea Residence Fr $103+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Book the Olympia 3 Nts in May Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Tel Aviv: Book 3 Nts in May at Leonardo Basel Fr $162+/Nt — $162 Expedia
- Tel Aviv Savings! Book at Leonardo Boutique Tel Aviv Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Save with Expedia, $48/night less
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more