- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mt. of Olives and East Jerusalem
Loosely speaking, East Jerusalem refers to the Arab neighborhoods controlled by Jordan in the years when the city was divided (1948–1967). That includes Mt. of Olives, the areas north of the Old City.
The sights in this area are for the most part distinctly Christian. A few are a little off the beaten path, and the best way to explore them—if you're energetic enough—is on foot. If you're driving, however, you can find parking at the Seven Arches Hotel on the Mt. of Olives, and at the cluster of large hotels near the American Colony; or take a cab.
Mt. of Olives and East Jerusalem at a Glance
Elsewhere in Jerusalem
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe