- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Avoid driving into the center city, at least until the new light rail starts running and the dust on the attendant chaotic roadwork has settled. Walk if you can; otherwise use cabs or ride city buses: lines 18, 20, 21, and 23 from Mt. Herzl via the Central Bus Station (where other lines join the route); 4, 18, and 21 from the German Colony and Talbieh; 9 from the Knesset and the Israel Museum.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $400 Off Friendly Planet Travel