This very worthwhile museum next to the Kibbutz Nahsholim Hotel holds a rich trove of finds from local nautical digs and excavations at nearby Tel Dor. It's in the partly restored former glass factory opened by Baron Edmond de Rothschild in 1891 to serve the wineries of nearby Zichron Ya'akov. The sequence of peoples who settled, conquered, or passed through Dor—from the Canaanites to Phoenicians to Napoléon—can be traced through these artifacts. Of particular interest is the bronze cannon that Napoléon's vanquished troops dumped into the sea during their retreat from Akko to Egypt in May 1799. An informative film in English illuminates the history of the ancient port city of Dor.