- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nadima Sabithi Eatery
Nadima Sabithi Eatery Review
A one-woman show at the heart of the Christian Arab neighborhood Wadi Nisnas (Arabic for Mongoose Valley), Nadima has been running her home kitchen–style eatery for some 40 years, serving up the day's offerings on a row of gas burners. There's always a seasoned rice, majadera (rice with lentils), and vegetables stuffed with meat, while the vegetables themselves are a veritable menu of wild herbs and roots, including okra, spinach, mallow (known here as hubeizeh), and chicory.
- Address: 35 Yohanan Hakadosh, Wadi Nisnas, Haifa
- Phone: No phone
- Hours: 6:30 am to 2 pm daily
- Location: Haifa
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
We are two couples in our 60's and 70's who never visited Israel, but have traveled extensively in other countries on our own. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more