- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nadima Sabithi Eatery
Nadima Sabithi Eatery Review
A one-woman show at the heart of the Christian Arab neighborhood Wadi Nisnas (Arabic for Mongoose Valley), Nadima has been running her home kitchen–style eatery for some 40 years, serving up the day's offerings on a row of gas burners. There's always a seasoned rice, majadera (rice with lentils), and vegetables stuffed with meat, while the vegetables themselves are a veritable menu of wild herbs and roots, including okra, spinach, mallow (known here as hubeizeh), and chicory.
- Address: 35 Yohanan Hakadosh, Wadi Nisnas, Haifa
- Phone: No phone
- Hours: 6:30 am to 2 pm daily
- Location: Haifa
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more