- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Over the shabby doorway, a crooked sign announces that the fish is "fresh every day." That's all you need to know about this bare-bones, old-time favorite seafood restaurant. Take a seat at one of the six tables, each covered with rough white paper, and you'll be treated to lots of what Israelis call salatim, or little dishes of roasted eggplant, fish roe, and homemade hummus. There's no menu in English, and no need for one, as only three dishes are offered: shrimp, seafood, and deep-fried fish. There's no dessert, just jangling-strong espresso.
- Address: 26 A.L. Zissu St., Downtown, Haifa, 35352
- Phone: 04/855–2663
- Location: Haifa
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.
Our itinerary Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more