- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Three basic areas in the inverted triangle of the Negev, Israel's southern desert, make up the southern part of the country. The first, and farthest south, is carefree Eilat, with the Underwater Observatory at Coral Beach, and Timna Park. Eilat is also a convenient jumping-off point for a trip to Jordan and the splendid ruins of the ancient city of Petra. Next is the Negev's heart, with sites such as Ben-Gurion's desert home and grave, the ancient Nabatean-Roman-Byzantine ruins at Tel Avdat, and the amazing Makhtesh Ramon (Ramon Crater). The third, in the north, includes the regional capital city of Beersheva.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's