- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This kosher, unpretentious lunch restaurant, one of the most established in Eilat, is a top-drawer example of Moroccan-Israeli ethnic cooking, by a mother-and-son team. Upon your arrival, five different salads (including cauliflower, tahini, eggplant, and hot peppers) are set quickly upon the table. The menu may confront you with foods you've never eaten before, but it rewards any adventuresome choices you make. Consider such delicacies as beef cooked with hummus (a house specialty); tongue; calves' brains served straight up with Moroccan spices; spicy beef meatballs; succulent couscous with vegetables, chickpeas, and tender chicken; and spicy-hot fish. No fancy pitas here—just plain bread. Dessert is specially prepared fruit, such as oranges or plums cooked until thick and soft, accompanied by fresh mint tea.
- Address: 259 Horev St., Shkunat Alef Eilat, 88000
- Phone: 08/633–0578
- Location: Eilat
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Sun.–Thurs. 11:30–5, closed Fri. and Sat. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Read more
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
Looking for a special occasion restaurant in Tel Aviv to celebrate a birthday. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more