Eilat and the Negev Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Coral Reserve, Eilat: Put on a snorkel and marvel at the brilliant-colored fish and entrancing corals at one of the world's finest protected coral reefs.
Hiking the desert: Explore the splendid scenery, deep wadis, rugged heights, and steep cliff faces of the Negev. The mountains of Eilat and the desert craters offer spectacular hikes.
Makhtesh Ramon: This giant crater is an utterly unique geological phenomenon, with hundreds of rock formations and multihued cliffs.
Side trip to Petra: Just over the border in Jordan, Petra's awe-inspiring Treasury (the Khazneh), carved into a rose-red cliff, is one of many archeological treats at this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Timna Park: A half hour from Eilat, trek across the lunar-like landscape, making sure to see this desert park's famous red-hued Solomon's Pillars and its 20-foot mushroom-shaped rock formation.Updated: 11-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's