- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With chunky wood furniture, soccer scarves draped along one wall, and a bar lined with beer bottles, this is a classic pub. It's on Route 31, at the entrance to Arad. The place is warm and cozy, staffed by smiling servers and filled with locals and travelers enjoying meat on skewers, hummus, and malawach (a flaky Yemenite pastry). Here you can also indulge your yen for an American-style tuna melt: request "toast," the Israeli term for a grilled cheese sandwich, with tuna salad, accompanied by Muza's home-cut "chips" (french fries). A big-screen TV shows soccer matches, and the covered terrace with a billiard table at one end allows for alfresco dining.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
Our trip to Israel was the most extraordinary journey that we have ever experienced, and we travel often. Read more
January 2013 - One short week - 3 nights Tel Aviv, 2 in Eilat, 1.5 in Jerusalem.
This was my 7th trip to Israel and I lived there for a year way back in 1998. I've already seen most of the sights, so Read more
We've been to Jerusalem, but missed the Israel Coast. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more