Around Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Around Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Hotel Reviews
Visitors, both national and international, who come to "take the waters" and enjoy the serene desert scenery, heavily use the lodgings in the Dead Sea region. On the northern shore, facilities range from youth hostels to kibbutz inns. Although they might conjure up visions of spartan plainness, the kibbutz inns are surprisingly comfortable. They also offer a chance to see life on the communal settlements firsthand.
Along the southern shore, hotels in sunny Ein Bokek run from family-style simplicity to pampering luxury. Shuttle buses link hotels with each other and the center of town. A beautiful and luxurious spa with a wide range of facilities is an important feature of each large hotel, and many smaller hotels as well. The high seasons are mid-March to mid-June, and mid-September to the end of November.
Since visitors typically explore the area west of Jerusalem on a day trip, lodgings are few and far between. The exceptions are some fine bed-and-breakfast–style guesthouses known as zimmers.
Browse Around Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe