Sights & Attractions in Western Desert Oases
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Things to Do in Siwa
This was the first fortified settlement in the oasis, built on...
|Religious Sites, Archaeological Sites||Siwa|
This hot spring and picturesque lake amid dunes were created...
|Bodies of Water, Hot Springs / Spas||Siwa|
It's rumored that Cleopatra once swam in this freshwater spring...
|Hot Springs / Spas||Siwa|
Dubbed "Fantasy Island," it is a popular outing on the shimmering...
This spot is known for its traditional rheumatism treatments...
The conical hill just north of town is honeycombed with tombs...
Siwans once inhabited a fortified settlement at Aghurmi, just...
Traditional Siwan House
This house serves as a museum of Siwan domestic life, with a...
|Museums / Galleries||Siwa|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe