Sights & Attractions in Western Desert Oases
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Sights & Attractions Western Desert Oases
|A-B C-I J-R S-Z « Prev |  Next »|
This was the first fortified settlement in the oasis, built on...
|Religious Sites, Archaeological Sites||Siwa|
While the two vividly painted Roman-era tombs that made this...
|Archaeological Sites, Cemeteries||Al-Qasr|
Ancient Rock Inscriptions
A collection of inscriptions on a sandstone outcrop just off...
The local antiquities office sells a combination ticket that...
|Museums / Galleries, Information Centers||Bawiti|
The small, constantly evolving museum, which was built from mud-bricks...
|Museums / Galleries||Qasr al-Farafra|
Hundreds of mud-brick chapels spill over the crest of a hill...
|Archaeological Sites, Cemeteries||Qasr al-Kharga|
The "forest spring" is a hot spring traditionally reserved for...
|Hot Springs / Spas||Bawiti|
This hot spring and picturesque lake amid dunes were created...
|Bodies of Water, Hot Springs / Spas||Siwa|
South of Bawiti lies the Black Desert, a Martian landscape of...
|« Prev |  Next »|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's