- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Albabenshal Heritage Lodge
At a Glance
- traditional styling and architecture blend in with the surroundings
- prime location right in the heart of town
- no air-conditioning
- there's no outdoor space except the roof terrace and the small, high-sided courtyards, which can be a little stifling
Check Rates from our Partners
Albabenshal Heritage Lodge Review
Nestled below the jagged ruins of Shali, this eco-lodge has been designed to blend with the architecture of the 13th-century fortress. Constructed of karshif and palm trunks, it merges traditional aesthetics with modern comfort and amenities. Guest rooms are spread out on three levels and linked by staircases and small shady courtyards. Enjoy a drink or a meal on the terrace in the evening while watching the activities of the shops and street hawkers below.
- Address: On the main square, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460–2299
- Location: Siwa
- 11 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more