- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Albabenshal Heritage Lodge
At a Glance
- traditional styling and architecture blend in with the surroundings
- prime location right in the heart of town
- no air-conditioning
- there's no outdoor space except the roof terrace and the small, high-sided courtyards, which can be a little stifling
Albabenshal Heritage Lodge Review
Nestled below the jagged ruins of Shali, this eco-lodge has been designed to blend with the architecture of the 13th-century fortress. Constructed of karshif and palm trunks, it merges traditional aesthetics with modern comfort and amenities. Guest rooms are spread out on three levels and linked by staircases and small shady courtyards. Enjoy a drink or a meal on the terrace in the evening while watching the activities of the shops and street hawkers below.
- Address: On the main square, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460–2299
- Location: Siwa
- 11 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A very dear Fodors poster who has helped many of us lives in Cairo and I am worried about her as I haven't seen her post lately.With all that is going on there I was wondering if has anyone heard from her? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more