At a Glance
- traditional building and styling is in keeping with the location
- the terrace café is a great place to while away an evening over cups of Bedouin tea
- no air-conditioning
- there are few amenities on-site
- most rooms lack private patios or balconies
Shali Lodge Review
This traditionally styled hotel made from red stone, karshif, and palm trunks has rooms leading off an internal courtyard. Rooms are simply yet stylishly furnished using Siwan handicrafts (carpets, baskets, and blankets). Fans are used to keep the interiors cool. Some rooms have terraces overlooking the gardens, for which there's no extra charge, so ask for one when you book. The interior communal lounge has palm trees growing out through the ceilings, and the canopies of these same trees provide shade for the upstairs terrace and restaurant.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Seboukha, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460–1299; 02/2736–7879
- Location: Siwa
- 16 rooms, 4 suites
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.