- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- traditional building and styling is in keeping with the location
- the terrace café is a great place to while away an evening over cups of Bedouin tea
- no air-conditioning
- there are few amenities on-site
- most rooms lack private patios or balconies
Shali Lodge Review
This traditionally styled hotel made from red stone, karshif, and palm trunks has rooms leading off an internal courtyard. Rooms are simply yet stylishly furnished using Siwan handicrafts (carpets, baskets, and blankets). Fans are used to keep the interiors cool. Some rooms have terraces overlooking the gardens, for which there's no extra charge, so ask for one when you book. The interior communal lounge has palm trees growing out through the ceilings, and the canopies of these same trees provide shade for the upstairs terrace and restaurant.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Seboukha, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460–1299; 02/2736–7879 in Cairo for reservations only
- Location: Siwa
- 16 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A very dear Fodors poster who has helped many of us lives in Cairo and I am worried about her as I haven't seen her post lately.With all that is going on there I was wondering if has anyone heard from her? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more