- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Palm Village Hotel
At a Glance
- new rooms are spacious with big bathrooms and modern styling
- tranquil desert setting
- frequent power cuts
- no alcohol or shisha available
- too far out of town to walk
Check Rates from our Partners
Palm Village Hotel Review
The tranquil desert setting and spacious interior spaces have made this midpriced hotel a favorite of visiting groups of archaeologists and paleontologists. The grand classical entrance hall, with its columns and cornices, presents a curious first impression in the middle of the desert. Rooms, which are set around the rear gardens, offer two options. Older single-story domed bungalows are well furnished and have small patios in front and wet showers (no curtain); newer rooms in two-story buildings are much bigger and have matching metal-and-wood furniture. Both are spotlessly clean. A new wing with a large pool was expected, at this writing, to open in early 2011.
- Address: Agouz village, 6 km (4 mi) northeast of Bawiti and reached by taking a left turn off the Cairo road just after the Oasis Heritage Museum, Bawiti
- Phone: 02/3849–6272
- Location: Bawiti
- 40 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more