- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Palm Village Hotel
At a Glance
- new rooms are spacious with big bathrooms and modern styling
- tranquil desert setting
- frequent power cuts
- no alcohol or shisha available
- too far out of town to walk
Check Rates from our Partners
Palm Village Hotel Review
The tranquil desert setting and spacious interior spaces have made this midpriced hotel a favorite of visiting groups of archaeologists and paleontologists. The grand classical entrance hall, with its columns and cornices, presents a curious first impression in the middle of the desert. Rooms, which are set around the rear gardens, offer two options. Older single-story domed bungalows are well furnished and have small patios in front and wet showers (no curtain); newer rooms in two-story buildings are much bigger and have matching metal-and-wood furniture. Both are spotlessly clean. A new wing with a large pool was expected, at this writing, to open in early 2011.
- Address: Agouz village, 6 km (4 mi) northeast of Bawiti and reached by taking a left turn off the Cairo road just after the Oasis Heritage Museum, Bawiti
- Phone: 02/3849–6272
- Location: Bawiti
- 40 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more