- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Jebal al-Dakrour Review
This spot is known for its traditional rheumatism treatments, which include being buried up to your neck in the hot sand that pours off the mountain's slopes. It is also the site of the ancient Siyaha (Tourism) festival, which marks the end of the date harvest and involves three days of feasting, dancing, and matchmaking. The event is held during the first full moon in October, and everyone is welcome.
- Address: 5 km (3 mi) southeast of the town of Siwa, Siwa
- Location: Siwa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more