- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Tanta Waa Review
Built of mud and palm trunks, this simple and cheery café nestled under lush palm trees beside Cleopatra's Pool is a popular lunch stop. Staff fire up kofta (ground meat on skewers) and barbecued chicken, while locals and tourists lounge in hammocks and palm-frond chaises while enjoying a postswim tea or fruit juice. Come in the evening, and you may find a glowing campfire with lamb, goat, or camel meat on the grill—definitely a memorable experience.
- Address: At Cleopatra's Pool, 3 km (2 mi) east of town, Siwa
- Phone: 010/129–1337
- Location: Siwa
- No credit cards.
- May–Sept. opening times can be erratic.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more