- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Tanta Waa Review
Built of mud and palm trunks, this simple and cheery café nestled under lush palm trees beside Cleopatra's Pool is a popular lunch stop. Staff fire up kofta (ground meat on skewers) and barbecued chicken, while locals and tourists lounge in hammocks and palm-frond chaises while enjoying a postswim tea or fruit juice. Come in the evening, and you may find a glowing campfire with lamb, goat, or camel meat on the grill—definitely a memorable experience.
- Address: At Cleopatra's Pool, 3 km (2 mi) east of town, Siwa
- Phone: 010/129–1337
- Location: Siwa
- No credit cards.
- May–Sept. opening times can be erratic.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more