- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Mebarez Tourist Hotel
At a Glance
- well-maintained three-star property
- inviting spring-fed plunge pool at the back of the hotel (to be upgraded soon, according to management)
- not all rooms have private bathrooms
- it's a long walk into town and hard to flag down passing service taxis
Check Rates from our Partners
Mebarez Tourist Hotel Review
What makes this four-story hotel noteworthy is that it brings the standard of midrange interchangeable international hotels to the desert—where a nondescript hotel is in fact unique. The building is clean and well maintained, even though the fixtures are a few years old (this was the first hotel to open in Mut). The interior is dark, but there's an attention to detail and care here that's more noticeable than in other hotels in this price range. There are several different room designs, so check a few until you find what you're looking for. Those at the front can be noisy; top-floor rooms have views.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Thauwra al-Khadra, ¾ km (½ mi) northwest of Maydan Tahrir, Mut
- Phone: 092/782–1524
- Location: Mut
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more