Mebarez Tourist Hotel
At a Glance
- well-maintained three-star property
- inviting spring-fed plunge pool at the back of the hotel (to be upgraded soon, according to management)
- not all rooms have private bathrooms
- it's a long walk into town and hard to flag down passing service taxis
Mebarez Tourist Hotel Review
What makes this four-story hotel noteworthy is that it brings the standard of midrange interchangeable international hotels to the desert—where a nondescript hotel is in fact unique. The building is clean and well maintained, even though the fixtures are a few years old (this was the first hotel to open in Mut). The interior is dark, but there's an attention to detail and care here that's more noticeable than in other hotels in this price range. There are several different room designs, so check a few until you find what you're looking for. Those at the front can be noisy; top-floor rooms have views.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Thauwra al-Khadra, ¾ km (½ mi) northwest of Maydan Tahrir, Mut
- Phone: 092/782–1524
- Location: Mut
- 30 rooms
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.