- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Mebarez Tourist Hotel
At a Glance
- well-maintained three-star property
- inviting spring-fed plunge pool at the back of the hotel (to be upgraded soon, according to management)
- not all rooms have private bathrooms
- it's a long walk into town and hard to flag down passing service taxis
Mebarez Tourist Hotel Review
What makes this four-story hotel noteworthy is that it brings the standard of midrange interchangeable international hotels to the desert—where a nondescript hotel is in fact unique. The building is clean and well maintained, even though the fixtures are a few years old (this was the first hotel to open in Mut). The interior is dark, but there's an attention to detail and care here that's more noticeable than in other hotels in this price range. There are several different room designs, so check a few until you find what you're looking for. Those at the front can be noisy; top-floor rooms have views.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Thauwra al-Khadra, ¾ km (½ mi) northwest of Maydan Tahrir, Mut
- Phone: 092/782–1524
- Location: Mut
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A very dear Fodors poster who has helped many of us lives in Cairo and I am worried about her as I haven't seen her post lately.With all that is going on there I was wondering if has anyone heard from her? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more