- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Sol Y Mar Mut Inn
At a Glance
- restaurant serves exceptional Egyptian fare
- hot springs on-site are soothing, especially on chilly winter evenings
- alcohol is available
- rooms around the pool are small
- beds in twin-bed rooms are very narrow
Check Rates from our Partners
Sol Y Mar Mut Inn Review
This curious two-part motel-style property makes a good overnight stop but is less inviting for a longer stay. The main part of the property offers tiny en-suite chalets around a natural sulfurous hot spring, which has been formed into a swimming pool. There's a paved area for relaxation, but the young trees offer little shade. If you're tired of desert food, an international menu is served at the hotel restaurant, which is down the road (about 250 yards away) along with a few larger rooms, some without private baths.
- Address: 3 km (2 mi) north of Mut, Mut Talata
- Phone: 092/782–1530; 02/3854–2058 in Cairo for reservations only
- Location: Mut
- 21 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more