- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Sol Y Mar Mut Inn
At a Glance
- restaurant serves exceptional Egyptian fare
- hot springs on-site are soothing, especially on chilly winter evenings
- alcohol is available
- rooms around the pool are small
- beds in twin-bed rooms are very narrow
Sol Y Mar Mut Inn Review
This curious two-part motel-style property makes a good overnight stop but is less inviting for a longer stay. The main part of the property offers tiny en-suite chalets around a natural sulfurous hot spring, which has been formed into a swimming pool. There's a paved area for relaxation, but the young trees offer little shade. If you're tired of desert food, an international menu is served at the hotel restaurant, which is down the road (about 250 yards away) along with a few larger rooms, some without private baths.
- Address: 3 km (2 mi) north of Mut, Mut Talata,
- Phone: 092/782-1530; 02/3854-2058 in Cairo for reservations only
- Location: Mut
- 21 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more