- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Sol Y Mar Mut Inn
At a Glance
- restaurant serves exceptional Egyptian fare
- hot springs on-site are soothing, especially on chilly winter evenings
- alcohol is available
- rooms around the pool are small
- beds in twin-bed rooms are very narrow
Sol Y Mar Mut Inn Review
This curious two-part motel-style property makes a good overnight stop but is less inviting for a longer stay. The main part of the property offers tiny en-suite chalets around a natural sulfurous hot spring, which has been formed into a swimming pool. There's a paved area for relaxation, but the young trees offer little shade. If you're tired of desert food, an international menu is served at the hotel restaurant, which is down the road (about 250 yards away) along with a few larger rooms, some without private baths.
- Address: 3 km (2 mi) north of Mut, Mut Talata
- Phone: 092/782–1530; 02/3854–2058 in Cairo for reservations only
- Location: Mut
- 21 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
I regret not listening to my friends that advise me not to go there . Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more