- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Ahmed Hamdi Restaurant
Ahmed Hamdi Restaurant Review
Restaurants run in Ahmed Hamdi's family. Originally, his father operated a restaurant. His brother—they're friendly rivals—runs a restaurant on the same street; both are clean and friendly, practically side by side near the Mebarez Tourist Hotel. The food is good, and the prices modest. (A third brother runs tours that you can book at either restaurant.) You can dine inside or out. For breakfast, try the tomato omelet along with fuul, which is made from mashed fava beans and is the national dish of Egypt, and ta'amiya (Egyptian falafel, also made from fava beans.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Thauwra al-Khadra, Mut
- Phone: 092/794–0767
- Location: Mut
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more