- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Bedouin Oasis Village & Spa
At a Glance
- management style is laid-back
- possibility of a cold beer after a day exploring in the heat
- management style can be too laid-back
- rooms are very compact and over-priced
- a long walk into town
Bedouin Oasis Village & Spa Review
This kooky hilltop spot is part laid-back hippie village and part architectural experiment—a borderline kitsch mud-brick complex that takes "Bedouin-fication" to a whole new level. Accommodation is in small, domed bungalows with simple furnishings and tiny bathrooms. The hotel has a pool fed by a sulfurous spring (which draws rheumatism patients) and offers hot-sand spa treatments. The terrace restaurant and bar offer views over Mut town. And it's one of the few places around Mut that serves alcohol.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Thauwra al-Khadra, 2 km (1½ mi) northwest of Maydan Tahrir, Mut
- Phone: 092/782–0070
- Location: Mut
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
I regret not listening to my friends that advise me not to go there . Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more