- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Bedouin Oasis Village & Spa
At a Glance
- management style is laid-back
- possibility of a cold beer after a day exploring in the heat
- management style can be too laid-back
- rooms are very compact and over-priced
- a long walk into town
Bedouin Oasis Village & Spa Review
This kooky hilltop spot is part laid-back hippie village and part architectural experiment—a borderline kitsch mud-brick complex that takes "Bedouin-fication" to a whole new level. Accommodation is in small, domed bungalows with simple furnishings and tiny bathrooms. The hotel has a pool fed by a sulfurous spring (which draws rheumatism patients) and offers hot-sand spa treatments. The terrace restaurant and bar offer views over Mut town. And it's one of the few places around Mut that serves alcohol.
- Address: Shar‘a al-Thauwra al-Khadra, 2 km (1½ mi) northwest of Maydan Tahrir, Mut
- Phone: 092/782–0070
- Location: Mut
- 30 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A very dear Fodors poster who has helped many of us lives in Cairo and I am worried about her as I haven't seen her post lately.With all that is going on there I was wondering if has anyone heard from her? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more