- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Palm Trees Hotel
At a Glance
- a no-frills hotel offering good value for money for budget travelers
- the hotel's leafy palm garden is a good place to meet other travelers
- rooms in the main building are worn and often dirty
- tours booked through the hotel are hit-and-miss
Palm Trees Hotel Review
This three-story concrete building's best assets are its beautiful, lush palm garden, friendly atmosphere, and central location. Happily, it's just far enough away from the square to be removed from most of the noise. Rooms in the main building are spartan; some have fans and a few have private baths. Skip them and check into one of the six recently constructed bungalows, which have enclosed bathrooms and small terraces. This hotel has an Internet café.
- Address: Off the main square, on the road to Jebal al-Dakrour, Siwa
- Phone: 046/460–1703
- Location: Siwa
- 25 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
I regret not listening to my friends that advise me not to go there . Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more