- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The Toshka Project
Egypt's most ambitious civil engineering project since the building of the Aswan High Dam, the Toshka Project (or New Valley Project) aims to cultivate 1.4 million acres of desert land in southern Egypt by 2020. The $70-billion megaproject involves the construction of a network of canals, including a 310-km-long (193-mi-long) canal that will bring water from Lake Nasser to irrigate Kharga Oasis. A giant pumping station the size of 10 football stadiums has been constructed to pump 25 million cubic meters of water a day into the canal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's