Western Desert Oases Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Western Desert Oases Hotel Reviews
There is a range of accommodations in the desert, from simple chalets and eco-camps to traditionally styled mud-brick hotels. Prices are generally lower than in the Nile Valley. Some hotels have air-conditioning, but you'll pay a premium for it. For much of the year a fan is sufficient to cool your room at night. In winter you may need blankets.
Your hotel experience will depend heavily on how fully booked the property is. Facilities are better maintained and restaurant service tends to improve when a large tour group checks in. On the other hand, you may enjoy the tranquility of having the grounds to yourself once they've gone. Although most hotels stay open throughout the year, May through September is the summer low season and a time for renovations and maintenance. Since restaurants are not numerous, most hotels offer a meal plan; some require it.
Browse Western Desert Oases Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe