Western Desert Oases Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to The Western Desert Oases
Dune Bashing in Siwa. Set out in a four-wheel-drive vehicle to explore the towering golden dunes of the Great Sand Sea.
Sunsets in the White Desert. Watch the color of the chalk columns change and mellow as the sun drops over the desert.
The Bagawat Necropolis. Peer into early Christian history at this sprawling ancient burial site in Kharga.
The Golden Mummies. Examine one of the famous gilded faces on display at the Antiquities Inspectorate in Bahariya.
Explore Al-Qasr. Wander the well-preserved streets of this abandoned medieval town in Dakhla renowned for its Islamic mud-brick architecture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's