Western Desert Oases Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to The Western Desert Oases
Dune Bashing in Siwa: Set out in a four-wheel-drive vehicle to explore the towering golden dunes of the Great Sand Sea.
Sunsets in the White Desert: Watch the color of the chalk columns change and mellow as the sun drops over the desert.
The Bagawat Necropolis: Peer into early Christian history at this sprawling ancient burial site in Kharga.
The Golden Mummies: Examine one of the famous gilded faces on display at the Antiquities Inspectorate in Bahariya.
Explore Al-Qasr: Wander the well-preserved streets of this abandoned medieval town in Dakhla renowned for its Islamic mud-brick architecture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's