- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Sometimes referred to as a real pharaonic village, Bashindi does have an unusual architectural style. Everything seems to be softly curving and undulating in this tidy little place. Many houses are built over Roman tombs and decorated with pastel colors and Hajj scenes. The cemetery behind the village contains the domed Tomb of Pasha Hindi, a medieval sheikh, and is littered with empty sarcophagi.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's