When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
When to Go
April through October are the hot months, when temperatures climb as high as 113°F. It's a great time to come for diving, because the visibility is at its best. November through March is cooler, with temperatures as low as 46°F. The desert gets very cold at night, and temperatures may even drop below freezing, so bring warm layers in winter. The Sinai's high season is during the hotter months, but July and August are considered low season, as the heat is oppressive during this time. The Red Sea, on the other hand, is great in winter, which is its most popular time. Except in March, during the khamaseen (sandstorm) season, the sun shines here almost every day of the year.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's