- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Getting Here and Around
At the very tip of the Sinai Peninsula, Sharm has regular flights from Cairo and also from Alexandria, Hurghada, and Luxor. Air-conditioned bus services from Cairo are numerous and inexpensive. Foreign travelers in rental vehicles traveling from the capital may need to join a security convoy. Bus services also link Sharm with the other towns on the Sinai coast. A ferry service links Sharm with Hurghada on the mainland Red Sea Coast. Taxis are the best way to get around town, but agree fares before you set off on your journey.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's