At a Glance
- Proximity to the start of the Mount Sinai hike and Saint Catherine's Monastery
- excellent pool with stunning vistas
- Careworn rooms
- little atmosphere as most guests pass through on a one-night stay
Morgenland Village Review
The stunning setting of this hotel is awe-inspiring—the peaks of the Sinai range that are reflected throughout the day in the waters of the on-site swimming pool surround it. The rooms, which are set around the pool, were completed in the late 1990s, but the interiors haven't fared as well as the exterior spaces, exhibiting careworn fittings and accessories. The Bedouin marketplace on-site has some atmosphere, selling a variety of local handicrafts as well as mass-produced souvenirs.
- Address: 3 km (2 mi) from St. Catherine's Monastery, just east of St. Catherine Rd., near the Zeituna area
- Phone: 069/347–0700; 02/795–6856
- Location: St. Catherine's Monastery
- 248 rooms
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.