- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- Proximity to the start of the Mount Sinai hike and Saint Catherine's Monastery
- excellent pool with stunning vistas
- Careworn rooms
- little atmosphere as most guests pass through on a one-night stay
Check Rates from our Partners
Morgenland Village Review
The stunning setting of this hotel is awe-inspiring—the peaks of the Sinai range that are reflected throughout the day in the waters of the on-site swimming pool surround it. The rooms, which are set around the pool, were completed in the late 1990s, but the interiors haven't fared as well as the exterior spaces, exhibiting careworn fittings and accessories. The Bedouin marketplace on-site has some atmosphere, selling a variety of local handicrafts as well as mass-produced souvenirs.
- Address: 3 km (2 mi) from St. Catherine's Monastery, just east of St. Catherine Rd., near the Zeituna area,
- Phone: 069/347–0700; 02/795–6856 in Cairo for reservations
- Location: St. Catherine's Monastery
- 248 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more