The Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast Restaurant Reviews
The Sinai and the Red Sea Coast resorts cater primarily to European tastes, so resort food tends to be Continental and Italian fare and buffet breakfasts. Fresh seafood can be very good. Typical Egyptian food is most readily available in the cities of Bur Sa‘id and Ismailiya along the Suez Canal. A few words of caution: Water is not always potable, so stick to bottled water to be safe. Likewise, vegetables are not always washed properly, so stay away from uncooked greens, especially lettuce and cucumbers. Oil, ghee, and butter, along with anything fatty, iare very popular. A dish that you would expect to be light, like sautéed vegetables, may come dripping with oil.
Browse The Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe