- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The far southern enclave of the Egyptian Red Sea Coast, Marsa Alam, has flourished since the opening of an international airport in 2001. The Port Ghalib project plans a living community of nine Arabian- and Nubian-style villages along with beach resorts and a 1,000-vessel marina. The first villa owners took possession of their new homes in 2007 and four hotels managed by InterContinental hotel group are now operating along with the marina, but the project is still very much a work in progress at this writing.
Elsewhere in The Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's