- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Kite surfing is a growing sport in the Red Sea region, where the wind and water conditions are almost perfect year-round, offering tranquil shallows just offshore. You must take a tutorial in order to learn how to kite surf. Prices for an introductory course are around €120; it helps to have some windsurfing experience, but these are very different sports.
Colona Watersports. This is the leading kite-surfing training center in Hurghada, with introductory courses for beginners and equipment rental for experienced riders (full day €80, half day €55). Magawish Resort, Youssif Alifi Rd., Old Vic Village, Hurghada, 84511. 010/344–1810. www.colonawatersports.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe