The Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Saint Catherine's Monastery. See the chapel that purports to hold the burning bush that appeared to Moses.
Scuba Diving. Dive to the wreck of the Thistlegorm in the protected waters of Ras Mohammed National Park.
Climbing Mount Sinai. Rise before dawn and climb up the mountainside to welcome the sunrise over the Sinai mountain range.
Kite Surfing. The tides and winds are perfect along the Red Sea Coast; catch some air while kite surfing off Mangroovy Beach at El Gouna.
Dancing the Night Away. Sinai resorts are magnets for young club goers from all over Europe; strut your stuff on the dance floor in one of the top spots—Pacha Club in Sharm El-Sheikh.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Festival Riviera Fr $85+/Nt Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Hurghada Savings! Book at Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Fr $77+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book SUNRISE Holidays 3 Nts in May Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Hurghada Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $89+/Nt — $89 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Hurghada Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Expedia