- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Arabic Phrases
The waters of Ain Sukhna (the name means "hot spring") originate at Jabal Ataka, a mountain on the Red Sea Coast. The turquoise water is clear and warm year-round. There is little to do here in the way of sightseeing, but it's a convenient day trip from Cairo or the Suez Canal zone if, like picnicking Cairenes, you're looking for a seaside day in the sun. The development along the coastline here has grown rapidly in the last decade, with villas and apartments bought up by wealthy residents of the capital.
Elsewhere in The Sinai Peninsula and Red Sea Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's