- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
In Luxor, take a Nile-side ramble in a horse-drawn carriage, called a calèche. The entire 45-minute Corniche promenade sets you back around £E30 to £E50, depending on your bargaining skills. Agree on the price up front, before you get into the rig: "That's 30 Egyptian, not 30 dollars, not 30 euros, right? And that's 30 for the ride, not 30 for each person, right?" If you care about animal rights, refuse to do business with any driver whose horse doesn't look healthy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's