- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Nile cruises depart from Luxor to Aswan, as well as end here. You can also take a local felucca sailboat around the city.
You can still take the public pedestrian ferry in front of Luxor Museum for £E1. It plies back and forth every 15 minutes or so from 6 am to 11 pm. Powerboats take you across the river a bit faster, for about £E5. They can be found all along Luxor's East Bank.
Feluccas have fixed rates that tend to be highly negotiable and start at around £E50 an hour. You can find out these rates at the Tourist Information Office, hotels, and Thomas Cook and American Express offices.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's