- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Getting There and Around
The drive up from Luxor takes about two hours and requires permission (at least 24 hours in advance) from the tourist police. You can arrange ahead of time for a private car and driver to ensure you have the most control over the time you'll spend at the sight, or you can join an organized tour through your hotel or one of several Luxor tour operators. Either way, the car company or the tour operator will obtain the police permit for you. If you have time, you can add a stop at Dendera on your return to Luxor.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe