- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
The Middle Nile Valley
Middle Egypt has a slew of extremely interesting monuments dating from all periods of Egyptian history. The major sites in the area that are easily accessible are the Middle Kingdom tombs of Beni Hasan, the New Kingdom town site and tombs at Tel al Amarna, the Greco-Roman tombs and catacombs at Tuna al-Gebel, and the Greco-Roman remains of al-Ashmunayn. Beni Hasan, Tel el Amarna, and Tuna al-Gebel are the most worthwhile sites, though al-Ashmunayn is intriguing if you are interested in more Classical-style remains.
The Middle Nile Valley at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Nile Valley and Luxor
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's