- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
South of Luxor
There are three noteworthy stops south of Luxor: Esna, where two locks in the Nile require the cruise ships to line up and navigate their way; al-Kab, which has a little-visited temple; and Edfu, where the Temple of Horus is the most impressive and intact temple on the shores of the Nile. The Nile cruisers normally bypass Esna and al-Kab, though it's possible to book private tours from Luxor. Edfu is included on all Nile cruise itineraries, but the temple can also be seen on overland day trips from Luxor.
Elsewhere in The Nile Valley and Luxor
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's