- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- at this writing, its Al Minya's best hotel
- located right on the Nile
- service is hit-and-miss
- polished stone walkways are so slick as to be dangerous
Check Rates from our Partners
Horus Resort Review
1 Horus Resort. There's nothing but a few yards of landscaped plaza between you and the banks of the Nile at Al Minya's sorely needed newest hotel. It's popular among Egyptian families with weddings to celebrate. Stay on a Friday night, and you may well see the outdoor pavilions lined with reception chairs, dodge toddlers running toward the kiddie rides, or hear the ululation—that birdlike trilling sound—of women. Highly polished stone walkways (Egyptians invest in flooring first) lead from the domed lobby to an indoor restaurant, a Nile-front café, and a pool. A distraction from these fine aspirations (at this writing, at least) is that nothing seems quite finished—trim is missing here, ladders are stacked up there. You get the impression that things have been left like this for some time. Expect ultrafirm beds and stone-clad baths in the rooms. But the best reason to stay here may be the possibility of watching the sunrise from the comfort of your bed, thanks to the room's sliding glass doors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more