- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- some balconies have river views
- depressing atmosphere in public areas, particularly at night
Etap Hotel Review
Al Minya has pretty much kept the same name for four thousand years. But in less than a decade, this hotel has gone by Nefertiti, Nefertiti and Aton, back to just Nefertiti, and now Etap, though the owner's haven't changed the sign outside. And no, this Etap is not affiliated with the Accor chain of Etap-branded budget hotels. It's your basic midrise city hotel begging for an update. There's a pool and a restaurant—though the bulk of the clientele are Egyptian businesspeople so there's no resort or vacation ambiance. Rooms are a reasonable size with modern furnishings and balconies.
- Address: Corniche al-Nil, Al Minya,
- Phone: 086/234-1515
- Location: Al Minya
- 54 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more