- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
At a Glance
- some balconies have river views
- depressing atmosphere in public areas, particularly at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Etap Hotel Review
Al Minya has pretty much kept the same name for four thousand years. But in less than a decade, this hotel has gone by Nefertiti, Nefertiti and Aton, back to just Nefertiti, and now Etap, though the owner's haven't changed the sign outside. And no, this Etap is not affiliated with the Accor chain of Etap-branded budget hotels. It's your basic midrise city hotel begging for an update. There's a pool and a restaurant—though the bulk of the clientele are Egyptian businesspeople so there's no resort or vacation ambiance. Rooms are a reasonable size with modern furnishings and balconies.
- Address: Corniche al-Nil, al-Minya
- Phone: 086/234–1515
- Location: Al Minya
- 54 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more