- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Snack Time Review
One of a new generation of modern Egyptian fast-food style cafés, this spot serves a combination of traditional street food such as shawarma (thin-cut meat and salad wrapped in unleavened bread—like a gyro), along with burgers, paninis, and salads. There's a good choice of sodas, and the coffee is excellent. You'll find that tourists in search of familiar fill-me-ups and teenage Egyptians out with their friends frequent it. There is both an air-conditioned dining room and an open-terrace eating area. There's also free Wi-Fi.
- Address: Shar‘a Mahata, facing Abu al-Haggag/Luxor Temple Plaza, Downtown, Luxor
- Phone: 095/237–5407
- Location: Luxor
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
A friend of mine says his guidebook (published by another company) lists viagra as an item that tourists cannot bring into the country. Read more