- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Nubian Village Review
This re-created Nubian village on the banks of the Nile has open-air, low-level seating, a shisha (hookah) area, an open grill, a bread oven, and space enough to accommodate the ubiquitous motor coach tours. The food is standard Egyptian, with mostly grilled meats and mezze, but the setting is delightful—you are surrounded by trees and away from the traffic in town. By day, a handcraft center is open. You'll need a taxi to drop you off and pick you up after your meal.
- Address: 7 mi south of Luxor at the eastern end of the south bridge, Luxor South, Luxor,
- Phone: 010/355-2330
- Location: Luxor
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Egypt Experience IExplore
- Egypt Family IExplore
- Egypt & Kenya Experience — $7,749 IExplore
- The Nile Revealed — $6,895 IExplore
- Egypt Family — $1,849 IExplore
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more