- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Nubian Village Review
This re-created Nubian village on the banks of the Nile has open-air, low-level seating, a shisha (hookah) area, an open grill, a bread oven, and space enough to accommodate the ubiquitous motor coach tours. The food is standard Egyptian, with mostly grilled meats and mezze, but the setting is delightful—you are surrounded by trees and away from the traffic in town. By day, a handcraft center is open. You'll need a taxi to drop you off and pick you up after your meal.
- Address: 7 mi south of Luxor at the eastern end of the south bridge, Luxor South, Luxor
- Phone: 010/355–2330
- Location: Luxor
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
I regret not listening to my friends that advise me not to go there . Read more