- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Hotel Al Moudira
At a Glance
- exceptional attention to detail
- you'll think you've walked into a photo shoot for a shelter magazine
- the hotel is on the West Bank, quite far from town and a 20-minute taxi ride from Downtown Luxor and its restaurants
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Al Moudira Review
A beautifully designed Arabian palace complete with ornate Islamic arches and domes is set in 8 hectares of gardens. This is a true oasis, where you can completely relax after sightseeing. The owner is a polyglot photographer and jewelry designer who's stamped a very personal mark on the property in its design and furnishings. The individually decorated rooms, with their hand-painted frescoes, silk and satin drapes, and antique furniture, are linked by colonnaded courtyards graced by fountains that lead to a pool and pavilion with a bar and restaurant. You probably won't want to leave. The hotel can be reached by taxi or ferry.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more